Tuesday 20 May 2014

MMM14 - Week Two

MMMay 14 - Week Two (and abit), turns our I'm really bad at remembering to take photos of my daily outfits. I've actually worn a me-made outfit every day, but only got 4 shots! You also get to see me in all my 'end of day, no make up, kind of knackered' glory!

News for the week, I've signed up to become a contributor to Indie Pattern Month 2014, its an indie pattern challenge run by The Monthly Stitch crew. I've signed up for general sewing motivation and get to know some new patterns - time to step away from the Anna.

Moving on....what did I wear this week:







The Dets:

Week Two - Day One - Anna Dress, Black and White fabric with a fan design. This pattern (in case you haven't heard of it) is by By Hand London - this was the first Anna Dress I made and loved the end result. There was a few firsts on this make, first time tracing a pattern and the first time I'd heard of and attempted a french seam. See my other Anna's here and here.


Week Two - Day Two - Japanese Linen Dress - New Look 6022, this is one for the very first dresses I made in a local sewing class, at Made on Marion, in Wellington NZ. This was one of the recommended pattern's to try, I'm so glad I picked it! It's super comfortable and the the thick linen fabric means it doesn't crumple. This dress was incredibly easy to make, I did widening the pattern alittle on the hips (with help from my teacher of course!). The fabric was picked up in Tokyo last year, I keep meaning to blog about this trip...well at least the Fabric Shopping bit...watch this space! Want to see what else made it back with me from Japan, see here!

Week Two - Day Three - Elastic Waist Band Skirt, this was a free PDF pattern download from Megan Nielsen's website. Made from stretch jersey fabric with a stormy tree design. I've also made a dress from the same fabric. Pattern additions was a tie belt.

Week Two - Day Four - Staple Dress, by Anna Rhodes. I picked up some black and brown stripy fabric from Fabric-a-brac, inspired by a Country Road dress, I'd thought I'd try contrasting stripes and colours. Vertical black stripe on the front and horizontal brown stripes on the back....what do you think...too much!

I've done no sewing this week as I've been binge-watching Vikings...."No King Horik, I only betrayed you. I was always true to the Gods and Ragnar" (awesome!)

Enjoy the rest of your week OMH x

No comments:

Post a Comment